https://www.miningweekly.com
Botswana|Copper|Gold|Mining|PROJECT|Resources
Botswana|Copper|Gold|Mining|PROJECT|Resources
botswana|copper|gold|mining|project|resources

Zhaojin offer for Tietto materially undervalues gold miner – expert

Tietto's Matthew Wilcox

Tietto's Matthew Wilcox

27th November 2023

By: Reuters

  

Font size: - +

Zhaojin Mining's $404.57-million bid for Tietto Minerals vastly undervalues the West African gold miner, according to an independent expert report on Monday.

The China gold miner, Tietto's second biggest shareholder with about a 7% holding, last month made an offer to buy the remaining 93% stake for A$0.58 per share. That represented a 36.5% premium to the stock's Oct. 29 close.

The offer comes as China resources companies become more active in global buyouts. China's MMG 1208.HK last week agreed to buy the parent company of the Khoemacau copper mine in Botswana, for an enterprise value of $1.88 billion.

But Tietto Minerals recommended shareholders do not accept Zhaojin's offer, saying it undervalued the company. Tietto began production at its Abujar Gold Project in western Ivory Coast in January.

As part of the process, independent expert Grant Thornton has assessed the fair value of Tietto shares to be in the range of A$0.79-A$0.93, a premium of 36%-59% to the offer, Tietto said in an exchange filing. That values the company at up to A$1.1-billion.

Shares in Tietto were up 3.8% at A$0.62 on Monday.

Tietto expects to produce 75,000 ounces to 85,000 ounces gold at an all-in sustaining cost of $1,175 to $1,350 per ounce this year. Gold XAU= traded at $2,014 an ounce on Monday.

Zhaojin has said it believes the offer is fair value and that it has already received approval from Australia's Foreign Investment Review Board for the offer. The offer period will close on Dec. 14.

Edited by Reuters

Comments

Showroom

Werner South Africa Pumps & Equipment (PTY) LTD
Werner South Africa Pumps & Equipment (PTY) LTD

For over 30 years, Werner South Africa Pumps & Equipment (PTY) LTD has been designing, manufacturing, supplying and maintaining specialist...

VISIT SHOWROOM 
Weir Minerals Africa and Middle East
Weir Minerals Africa and Middle East

Weir Minerals Europe, Middle East and Africa is a global supplier of excellent minerals solutions, including pumps, valves, hydrocyclones,...

VISIT SHOWROOM 

Latest Multimedia

sponsored by

Photo of Martin Creamer
On The Air (19/07/2024)
19th July 2024 By: Martin Creamer
Platinum, diamonds, hydrogen make headlines
Platinum, diamonds, hydrogen make headlines
19th July 2024

Option 1 (equivalent of R125 a month):

Receive a weekly copy of Creamer Media's Engineering News & Mining Weekly magazine
(print copy for those in South Africa and e-magazine for those outside of South Africa)
Receive daily email newsletters
Access to full search results
Access archive of magazine back copies
Access to Projects in Progress
Access to ONE Research Report of your choice in PDF format

Option 2 (equivalent of R375 a month):

All benefits from Option 1
PLUS
Access to Creamer Media's Research Channel Africa for ALL Research Reports, in PDF format, on various industrial and mining sectors including Electricity; Water; Energy Transition; Hydrogen; Roads, Rail and Ports; Coal; Gold; Platinum; Battery Metals; etc.

Already a subscriber?

Forgotten your password?

MAGAZINE & ONLINE

SUBSCRIBE

RESEARCH CHANNEL AFRICA

SUBSCRIBE

CORPORATE PACKAGES

CLICK FOR A QUOTATION







sq:0.237 0.275s - 143pq - 2rq
1:
1: United States
Subscribe Now
2: United States
2: