Creamer Media, in partnership with the Minerals Council South Africa, will be hosting a webinar on Decarbonisation and going green in the mining sector on Friday, 28 January 2022 at 10:00.
The webinar will centre on commitments to achieve carbon neutrality through decarbonisation and green energy strategies, focussing on:
- the creation of an enabling external and internal environment for decarbonisation;
- the management of demand-side energy with a focus on eliminating energy waste as well as improving energy efficiency;
- the sourcing of low-cost renewable energy as part of a broader energy mix;
- the leveraging of new technologies that are emerging in the market, including digital, storage and hydrogen technologies to ensure carbon neutrality; and
- taking ownership of those emissions that occur upstream and downstream of the value chain, and ensuring that those also advance to net zero.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jevon Martin, Energy & Decarbonisation Head - Sibanye-Stillwater and Chairperson of the Energy Intensive User Group
- Abel Sakhau, Environment and Climate Change Manager – Exxaro
- A representative from the Minerals Council South Africa
CLICK HERE to register to attend this webinar sponsored by Sibanye-Stillwater, Exxaro, Nel Hydrogen, Digby Wells and DRDGOLD