John Deere Construction is here, and we are excited to help you in your quest to build Africa. We offer a wide range of easy to service machines, aftermarket solutions and finance options. Our nationwide dealers are well trained to support our customers throughout the region.
Having started manufacturing crawler dozers in 1946, we continue to innovate by building in features that help keep operating costs low and productivity high. We also prioritise operator experience and ease of use to minimise fatigue.
Our crawler dozers, wheel loaders, excavators, backhoe loaders, motor grades and skid steers are enabled with key features such as:
- Power Tech Engines™ - Standard Eco Mode™ burns up to 20% less fuel than conventional torque-converter transmissions. Auto-Idle™ automatically reduces engine speed when hydraulics are not in use, saving fuel.
- PowerShift Plus™ Transmission - Provides smooth, on-the-go clutchless gear changes for the operator. AutoShift™ automatically shifts the PowerShift transmission to the appropriate gear.
- Dual-path Hydrostatic Transmission (HST) - Allows you to push a full load through turns without losing material, unlike torque-converter transmissions.
- Durable Undercarriage - Both extended life and heavy-duty undercarriages with sealed and lubricated track (SALT) have an oval-track design with only one wear causing forward-travel flex point, for longer life.
- Enhanced Blade options - Power Angle Tilt (PAT) blades, standard spill sheets and low effort blade controls allow operator to predict response with smooth starts and directional changes.
- Comfortable Cabs: Optimised legroom, automatic temperature control (ATC), touch screen monitors with key diagnostic reports, adjustable seat settings and maximum visibility, radio and USB charging port.
“We have a deep-rooted presence in Africa in the agriculture market, and we know construction customers in these markets are eager for access to the John Deere brand and its many advantages,” said John Deere Construction & Forestry, John Deere Africa Middle East sales manager Griffiths Makgate.
Our customers in these markets also have access to product support through the world-renowned John Deere dealer network including Senwes, AFGRI Equipment, Operations, Mascor, DEM and Tata International. Customers will also have access to the John Deere suite of technology solutions, including JDLink™ Telematics, which provides valuable fleet insights on the job site.