Consulting geotechnical engineering company GEOTHETA offers a variety of geotechnical and civil engineering consulting services.
Based in Randburg, South Africa, GEOTHETA operates all over the world, with appointments in South Africa, Sierra Leone, Democratic Republic of Congo, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Colombia, Lesotho and Madagascar.
Its clients include Anglo American, Glencore, Pan African Resources, Stefanutti Stocks, Letšeng, Koidu and a number of consultants and architects.
GEOTHETA geotechnical engineering consulting services include:
- Tailings storage facilities – design, management and review; from conceptual design to closure, including monitoring and surveillance
- Engineer of Record appointments for tailings storage facilities
- Mine and civil slope designs, surveillance and reviews
- Rock engineering – openpits and underground
- Mine rock waste facilities
- Shallow and deep foundation design
- Independent review board services for tailings storage facilities
The company employs both technical and administrative staff and cooperates with specialist consultants on a project-by-project basis.
GEOTHETA offers the full range of professional services necessary for all geotechnical consulting projects, including:
- Geotechnical design
- Engineering geology and geological investigations and designs
- Technical drawing
- Rock slope and tunnel stabilisation and designs
GEOTHETA draws on the vast knowledge and experience of a number of internationally recognised consultants, including:
- Ian Hammond Pr Eng. – Principal engineer; tailings, waste facilities and earth dams; design, construction, operation, surveillance and closure experience since 1986. Project management for aspects of large mine developments.
- Dr Tom Verbeek Pr Eng.– Principal engineer; road design, geotechnical engineering, tailings facilities, mine infrastructure, project manager and technology support.
- Jaco Bloem Pr Sci Nat. – Principal engineering geologist; engineering geological investigations.; construction material investigations; soil and rock classifications and engineering parameter determinations; solid waste facility monitoring and closure.
- Mark Grave MSc Eng SANIRE.– Senior engineer responsible for pit slope and underground rock stabilities and designs.