https://www.miningweekly.com
Consulting|Consulting Engineers|Design|Electrical|Energy|Engineering|Infrastructure|Mining|Nuclear|Power|PROJECT|Projects|Resources|Water|Solutions|Environmental|Infrastructure
Consulting|Consulting Engineers|Design|Electrical|Energy|Engineering|Infrastructure|Mining|Nuclear|Power|PROJECT|Projects|Resources|Water|Solutions|Environmental|Infrastructure
consulting-company|consulting-engineers|design|electrical|energy|engineering|infrastructure|mining|nuclear|power|project|projects|resources|water|solutions|environmental|infrastructure

Etango-8 uranium project, Namibia – update

Location map of the Etango uranium project

Photo by Bannerman Energy

9th February 2024

By: Sheila Barradas

Creamer Media Research Coordinator & Senior Deputy Editor

     

Font size: - +

Name of the Project
Etango-8 uranium project.

Location
Erongo region, about 30 km east-south-east of Swakopmund, in Namibia.

Project Owner/s
Bannerman Energy, through its 95%-owned subsidiary Bannerman Mining Resources. The remaining 5% is owned by Namibian charitable body One Economy Foundation.

Project Description
The Etango deposit will be mined as a conventional truck-and-shovel openpit operation through contract mining over an initial mine life of 15 years.

Maximum mining rates are estimated at 27-million tonnes a year, with average ore mined of about 7.6-million tonnes a year at a life-of-mine average stripping ratio of 2.22.

Average production is estimated at 3.5-million pounds a year of uranium, enough to power up to eight large nuclear reactors.

Total production is estimated at 52.6-million pounds of uranium oxide.

Potential Job Creation
The project will create about 760 Namibian jobs and a multiplier effect of up to 5 000 indirect jobs.

Net Present Value/Internal Rate of Return
The project has an after-tax net present value, at an 8% discount rate, of $209-million and an internal rate of return of 17%, with a payback of 4.1 years.

Capital Expenditure
Preproduction capital expenditure is estimated at $317-millon.

Planned Start/End Date
Not stated.

Latest Developments
Bannerman Energy is hoping to make a final investment decision in the first half of 2025.

Key Contracts, Suppliers and Consultants
Wood plc (study lead – process plant design and related infrastructure, plant capital and operating cost estimates); Qubeka Mining Consultants (geology review, mining reserve estimate, mine planning and mining cost estimates); Snowden Optiro (mineral resource estimate); Creo Engineering Solutions (engineering support for Bannerman owner’s team); MineTechnics (openpit geotechnical parameters); Lund Consulting Engineers (water supply infrastructure); Addiza Energy Solutions (external electrical supply infrastructure); A.Speiser Environmental Consultants (environmental impact assessments); Namisun Environmental Projects & Developments (conceptual mine closure plan).

Contact Details for Project Information
Bannerman Energy, tel +61 8 9381 1436 or email info@bmnenergy.com.

To watch Creamer Media's latest video reports, click here
 

Edited by Creamer Media Reporter

Comments

Showroom

Weir Minerals Africa and Middle East
Weir Minerals Africa and Middle East

Weir Minerals Europe, Middle East and Africa is a global supplier of excellent minerals solutions, including pumps, valves, hydrocyclones,...

VISIT SHOWROOM 
Rittal
Rittal

Rittal is a world leading provider of top-quality integrated systems for enclosures, power distribution, climate control, IT infrastructure and...

VISIT SHOWROOM 

Latest Multimedia

sponsored by

Photo of Martin Creamer
On-The-Air (23/02/2024)
23rd February 2024 By: Martin Creamer
Magazine round up | 23 February 2024
Magazine round up | 23 February 2024
23rd February 2024

Option 1 (equivalent of R125 a month):

Receive a weekly copy of Creamer Media's Engineering News & Mining Weekly magazine
(print copy for those in South Africa and e-magazine for those outside of South Africa)
Receive daily email newsletters
Access to full search results
Access archive of magazine back copies
Access to Projects in Progress
Access to ONE Research Report of your choice in PDF format

Option 2 (equivalent of R375 a month):

All benefits from Option 1
PLUS
Access to Creamer Media's Research Channel Africa for ALL Research Reports, in PDF format, on various industrial and mining sectors including Electricity; Water; Energy Transition; Hydrogen; Roads, Rail and Ports; Coal; Gold; Platinum; Battery Metals; etc.

Already a subscriber?

Forgotten your password?

MAGAZINE & ONLINE

SUBSCRIBE

RESEARCH CHANNEL AFRICA

SUBSCRIBE

CORPORATE PACKAGES

CLICK FOR A QUOTATION







sq:0.155 0.209s - 94pq - 2rq
Subscribe Now