/ MEDIA STATEMENT / This content is not written by Creamer Media, but is a supplied media statement.
Duroxite® chromium carbide overlay (CCO) products safeguard equipment against wear in severe abrasive environments.
The harder the abrasive material, the more Duroxite® is the solution. Duroxite® overlay products are made by welding a carbide-rich steel alloy on top of a steel plate. This compound material has very high resistance to wear, for example in sliding wear environments where small and hard materials are processed such as rocks or coal with high quartz content.
Doroxite® 100 made to order
Duroxite® 100 overlay plate is available to SSAB’s customers in Sub-Saharan Africa as full-size or cut-to-order plates.
Guaranteed wear performance
Duroxite® has guarantees which are unique for the overlay market. Duroxite® plates are delivered with a carbide layer thickness guaranteed within ±10%. This is consistent throughout the plate and from plate to plate.
The high wear resistance is more than skin deep. The wear properties are guaranteed throughout the plate down to 75% of the carbide layer thickness as opposed to just the surface of the layer. The remaining 25% is the transition layer necessary to maintain good bonding to the base plate.
Applications where Duroxite® improves service life and reduces maintenance
Duroxite® products are used in all types of wear-challenged industries, ensuring high productivity and uptime. These are some examples of common applications:
• Chutes and hoppers, liners for truck beds, dozer blades, shovel buckets, dragline buckets and excavators in quarrying and mining operations
• Guide vanes, hoppers, discharge cones for clinker storage bins, chutes and outlet ducts for clinker grinding mills in cement production
• Fan blades and housings and coke vibrating screen plates in the steel industry
• Coal handling chutes, coal feeder liners, crusher screen plates, classifier cones, journal liners and silo bunkers in power plants.