Quarrying and open-pit mining operations deliver some of the Africa’s toughest wear challenges. Throughout the whole production flow, Hardox® wear plate’s superior wear resistance translates to extended service life between repairs or replacement of parts. Hardox® wear plate cuts down on weight and extends the service life of steel structures in mining applications in comparison with regular steel. A lighter truck container made of Hardox® steel means an increased load capacity of 10-20% and even more in some applications. Not only does it reduce the number of trucks on mine sites, it also saves fuel and reduces emissions. Whatever the application, Hardox® contributes to a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world. And when the product reaches its final expiration date, 100% of it can be recycled into new strong and energy-saving products.
The extreme wear resistance has always been key to the success of Hardox® wear plate. Today it is harder and tougher than ever, and able to withstand heavy impact without permanent deformation or cracking.
Although primarily intended as a wear plate, the unique combination of hardness and toughness allows it to perform as a load-carrying part in applications such as the Cutting Edge of Front Loaders in buckets, dump bodies, containers, Crushers Plates and Chute Liners. With Hardox® steel you can design structures that are wear-resistant, strong and lightweight at the same time
Hardox® wear plate keeps getting more powerful and versatile. New grades and dimensions are introduced regularly.
The current product range includes:
- Hardox® HiAce, the latest addition to the Hardox® wear plate range, it’s an ace at fighting both abrasive wear and corrosion environments
- Hardox® HiTuf is an abrasion-resistant plate with guaranteed impact toughness against impact loads.
- Hardox® 450 , 500 , 500 Tuf , 550 and 600 is an abrasion-resistant steel with a nominal hardness of 450 HBW , 500 HBW , 550 HBW and 600 HBW
- Hardox® Extreme is an abrasion resistant steel with a nominal hardness of 60 HRC, intended for applications with extreme high demands on abrasion resistance. Typical applications is liner plates, etc.
- Hardox® HiTemp is a high-heat grade of Hardox® wear plate that provides a cost-efficient solution for wear resistance at high temperatures in the 300–500°C
- The traditional Hardox® wear plate has been complemented with tubes and round bars.
Extreme consistency is a hallmark of Hardox® wear plate from SSAB. Whether you are going to weld, bend or machine the material, you can expect Hardox® to deliver predictable performance. That’s a good start for making friends in the workshop. Using Hardox® wear plate often leads to questions about production processes, workshop methods and material properties.
To ensure your day-to-day operation runs smoothly, you have direct access to our onsite Technical Development Manager - email@example.com