Structa Konsult is a consulting eng-ineering company specialising in the evaluation, design and certification of a range of industrial and civil structures.
Established in 2014, Structa Konsult is a 100% subsidiary of the Structa Group and provides support to the group’s growing range of products.
The company specialises in a number of fields, including:
- Pressure equipment
- Storage tanks, including water, chemicals and petrochemicals storage
- Vehicle structures
- Civil engineering structures, such as industrial support structures, tank stands and foundations
- Electrical distribution structures, such as pylons and monopole structures and related foundations
- Lighting structures and foundations
- Telecommunication structures, including lattice and monopole masts and foundations
- Lifting equipment
Structa Konsult’s scope of services include:
- • Certification of structures according to the relevant codes, including ASME, BS, EN, ASCE, API and SANS certification
- • Detailed design of a range of structures
- • Specialist analysis utilised in the design and certification process, which includes finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics
- • Management of structural testing programs, including material and fatigue testing
- • Failure investigations
The company operates the following software:
- Siemens NX
- MSC Marc / Mentat
- MSC Apex / Patran / Nastran
- PV Elite
Structa Konsult’s state-of-the-art finite element capabilities are world class. Simulation capabilities include linear static analysis, dynamic analysis and modelling of non-linear structural behaviour. These capabilities are of particular importance in modelling ultimate structural behaviour and failure modes.
The group has a number of highly trained staff proficient in Prokon, PLS Pole/Tower, Solid Edge and Autocad, with additional skills in programming languages such as Python and Octave.
Structa Konsult employs six engineers, including two civil engineers and four mechanical structural engineers. The company also has access to Structa Group plant engineers, which extends its capabilities to include welding engineering and quality systems.