ImproChem is a leading provider of value-adding water and process treatment chemicals, equipment and services for the mining and minerals processing industry in Africa.
We produce more than 350 unique chemical formulations at our South African manufacturing facilities in Chloorkop, Pietermaritzburg and Umbogintwini. Our flexible manufacturing systems ensure short production lead times and order-to-delivery cycles.
In addition to developing and implementing fully integrated systems, our culture of continuous improvement helps customers maximise yields and minimise waste generation and water use. Our well-established footprint in Africa provides local technical expertise and supports customers by helping them solve their toughest operational and environmental challenges.
We have a brand new state-of-the-art laboratory and pilot plant facilities that offer comprehensive process simulations, chemical screening and water and process analytical services.
Through innovation, breakthrough technology and dedicated teams of global and local experts, we provide value-adding solutions to help mining houses successfully compete and win in today’s ever-evolving mining industry.
Our key focus areas are:
- Water management and reuse solutions for mine water recovery, treatment and recycling
- Package and custom-engineered water treatment plants
- Advanced cooling and boiler water treatment and management programmes
- Materials handling and haul road dust control programmes
- Solid/liquid separation solutions
- Specialised fuel additives and engine coolants
- Acid mine water stabilisation and bulk mine water disinfection technologies
- On-line, real-time monitoring and control instrumentation
- Hydrometallurgical aids
- Scale and corrosion control technologies