Established in 1979, Dabeb Engineering specialises in the design and manufacture of electro-hydraulic actuators.
With over 40 years in the field, the DEA range of actuators has become a unique, universally accepted and versatile electro-hydraulic product. The machines are distributed worldwide with great success and have operated in the harshest environments.
Dabeb Engineering supplies products to a range of sectors, including coal and gold mining, steelworks, nuclear and fossil-fired power stations, water works, sewerage works, marine and offshore industries.
By using hydraulic oil as an operating medium, the DEA range of actuators provides a versatile and efficient means of transferring power from an electric motor to a linear motion.
How it Works
The electric motor is closely coupled to a gear pump which, in turn, is connected to a hydraulic control block.
This block has two pressure relief valves and two flow screws which are adjustable and independent of each other, allowing flexibility in thrust and speed settings.
The control block pipework connects to a hydraulic cylinder. All the above items, except the electric motor, are encased in a steel tube which acts as the oil reservoir.
The unit is completely sealed by a series of O-rings which prevents the ingress of contamination.
- Self-contained – no hydraulic pipework to install
- Completely sealed
- Adjustable range of thrust and speed
- No filtration required
- No solenoids
- Ultra-low maintenance
- Easy to install and commission
- Completely self-contained – no external pipework, power packs or compressors required
- Thrusts and speeds fully adjustable for each direction of travel
- Smooth, vibration-free operation
- Weatherproof units offer options such as explosionproof features, a range of mountings, manual operation and accumulator fail-safe mechanisms
- Actuator thrust ranges 250 kgf to 80 000 kgf
- Actuator speed ranges of 2 mm/s to 500 mm/s