https://www.miningweekly.com
Africa|Exploration|Industrial|Mining|PROJECT|Projects|Proximity|Resources|Underground
Africa|Exploration|Industrial|Mining|PROJECT|Projects|Proximity|Resources|Underground
africa|exploration|industrial|mining|project|projects|proximity|resources|underground

Armadale sets out to earn a majority stake in US silver asset

Silver bars

Photo by Bloomberg

24th April 2024

By: Creamer Media Reporter

     

Font size: - +

Aim-listed investment company Armadale Capital, which holds mine investments in Africa, has entered into an agreement to earn a 50% interest in Africa American Incorporated (AAI), the holding company of the Canyon Silver lead/zinc/silver exploration asset, in Idaho, in the US.

Armadale has an option to acquire an initial 25% interest in AAI through the purchase of new shares for $500 000 in cash before December 31.

If this initial option is exercised, Armadale has a further option to increase its interest to 43.8% in AAI, through the purchase of new shares for $1-million in cash. Once this second option is exercised, Armadale has a further, final option to acquire an additional 7% interest in AAI, taking its total holding to 50.8%, for $280 000.

If Armadale exercises the final option to gain greater than 50% of the Canyon Silver project, the seller of AAI has the right to sell the remaining stake to Armadale for about $1-million.

The directors of Armadale believe silver is a highly strategic resource with a range of medical, electronic and industrial applications.

It is in line with Armadale's strategy to build a portfolio of high-growth, low-cost and near-term resource projects.

“The opportunity to invest in a controlling stake of a precious metal project in one of the richest and well-known silver regions in North America, is a significant step for Armadale.

“Furthermore, Idaho has a mining-friendly economy with a well-established, secure mining code. Not only are there significant historical records in the Canyon Silver project, but it lies within very close proximity to a number of North America's large silver deposits and producers, which have been proven to be profitable,” the investment company states.

Armadale will raise about £650 000 through the issue of 91.43-million shares to fund the acquisition of the initial 25% interest in AAI, as well as to start work on the Canyon Silver project and to advance its Mahenge graphite project, in Tanzania.

The company will work on identifying known resources, realising near-term production and improving the understanding of the orebody at Canyon Silver.

The operation has several adits on a large mountain, a previously mined underground vertical shaft and six levels that are accessible at little cost, it points out.

Edited by Chanel de Bruyn
Creamer Media Senior Deputy Editor Online

Comments

Latest Multimedia

Resources Watch
Resources Watch
Updated 1 hour 54 minutes ago

Showroom

Booyco Electronics
Booyco Electronics

Booyco Electronics, South African pioneer of Proximity Detection Systems, offers safety solutions for underground and surface mining, quarrying,...

VISIT SHOWROOM 
Werner South Africa Pumps & Equipment (PTY) LTD
Werner South Africa Pumps & Equipment (PTY) LTD

For over 30 years, Werner South Africa Pumps & Equipment (PTY) LTD has been designing, manufacturing, supplying and maintaining specialist...

VISIT SHOWROOM 

Latest Multimedia

sponsored by

Option 1 (equivalent of R125 a month):

Receive a weekly copy of Creamer Media's Engineering News & Mining Weekly magazine
(print copy for those in South Africa and e-magazine for those outside of South Africa)
Receive daily email newsletters
Access to full search results
Access archive of magazine back copies
Access to Projects in Progress
Access to ONE Research Report of your choice in PDF format

Option 2 (equivalent of R375 a month):

All benefits from Option 1
PLUS
Access to Creamer Media's Research Channel Africa for ALL Research Reports, in PDF format, on various industrial and mining sectors including Electricity; Water; Energy Transition; Hydrogen; Roads, Rail and Ports; Coal; Gold; Platinum; Battery Metals; etc.

Already a subscriber?

Forgotten your password?

MAGAZINE & ONLINE

SUBSCRIBE

RESEARCH CHANNEL AFRICA

SUBSCRIBE

CORPORATE PACKAGES

CLICK FOR A QUOTATION







sq:0.144 0.179s - 107pq - 2rq
1:
1: United States
Subscribe Now
2: United States
2: