http://www.miningweekly.com

Global Mining News in real time

Norilsk sheds African assets in $337m deal

By: Natasha Odendaal Norilsk Nickel is set to sell its African assets to Botswana-based mining company BCL for $337-million, as the Russian miner’s newly adopted strategy to shed all international assets moves forward. The parties on Monday announced the conclusion of definitive transaction agreements that would see... 

Aveng Moolmans

A subsidiary of construction and engineering giant Aveng Group, Aveng Moolmans is an opencast contract mining company that offers a variety of services to clients across Africa’s surface mining industry. From short-term waste mining and bulk earthmoving to a complete and long-term mining... 

Norilsk approves plan to keep its Botswana subsidiary operational

By: Keith Campbell The Steering Committee of Russian mining major MMC Norilsk Nickel (Norilsk) recently approved the action plan of its Botswanan subsidiary Tati Nickel Mining Company (Tati Nickel). Norilsk owns 85% of Tati Nickel, the other 15% belonging to the government of Botswana. The action plan is intended... 

Minerals sector revenues to aid economic diversification

With the output of diamond production set to decline over the medium term as reserves diminish, Botswana’s government has enacted a number of measures to ensure that revenues are used to aid economic diversification. This is stated in market research company Research and Market’s ‘Botswana... 

Company Announcement: Grinaker-Lta Metals & Minerals Supplies Extensively To Tati Nickel Project

Attached please find a press release on: Leading multi-disciplinary company Grinaker-LTA, a subsidiary of the JSE listed The Aveng Group, has completed its portion of the dense media separation (DMS) plant project for Tati Nickel Mine (acting on behalf of the Tati Nickel Mining Company in... 

Company Announcement: Four Chryso Admixtures Play Vital Role In Murray & Roberts’ Tati Nickel Contract

Attached please find a press release on: Admixtures supplied by Chryso SA are playing an important role in the expansion and construction of Tati Nickel Mining Company’s 12 mega ton Dense Medium Separation (DMS) project in Botswana.  

Botswana nickel miner reports processing breakthrough

By: andrew lanham At a time when the world demand for copper and nickel is escalating rapidly, a new metallurgical process is set to render the traditional smelting/refining route for these base metals redundant. It will also enable the profitable mining of large, lower-grade deposits of these metals. 

Tati Nickel - a revolution in base-metals processing

By: andrew lanham At a time when the world demand for copper and nickel is escalating rapidly, a new metallurgical process is set to render the traditional smelting/refining route for these base metals redundant. 

New technology proves worth at Africa's largest nickel-mine

By: Helene Le Roux Early operation results indicate that Africa�s largest nickel mine, Tati Nickel, in Botswana, has been successful in proving that it is economically viable to commercialise a new technology for processing mineral concentrates without the use of smelting. 

First
Prev
1
Next
Last

Latest News

more

Latest Videos

more

About

Mining Weekly is a product of Creamer Media.
www.creamermedia.co.za

Other Creamer Media Products include:
Engineering News
Research Channel Africa
Polity

Read more

Subscriptions

We offer a variety of subscriptions to our Magazine, Website, PDF Reports and our photo library.

Subscriptions are available via the Creamer Media Store.

View store

Advertise

Advertising on MiningWeekly.com is an effective way to build and consolidate a company's profile among clients and prospective clients. Email advertising@creamermedia.co.za

View options
R/€ = 14.22Change: -0.23
R/$ = 11.16Change: -0.09
Au 1240.10 $/ozChange: -4.17
Pt 1243.50 $/ozChange: -18.70