R/€ = 15.84 Change: 0.10
R/$ = 13.68 Change: 0.07
Au 1274.29 $/oz Change: -7.88
Pt 862.50 $/oz Change: -17.54


Orex acquisition ‘last puzzle piece’ for Anaconda to solidify regional presence

By: Henry Lazenby     31st March 2017 The acquisition by gold junior Anaconda Mining of Orex Exploration represents the “last piece of the puzzle” that Anaconda has been missing, adding a third compliant resource and geographically diversifying the portfolio. The all-scrip deal, valued at about C$13-million, is part of Anaconda’s... 

Anaconda to acquire Orex Exploration, adds third project with compliant resource to portfolio

By: Henry Lazenby     3rd March 2017 Junior gold producer Anaconda Mining has agreed to buy Orex Exploration through a court-approved plan of arrangement, giving Anaconda access to another high-grade gold deposit in Maritime Canada. Combining the two companies will create a single enterprise with expanded mineral resources, most of... 

In taking 39.5% stake, TomaGold partners with Goldcorp at Sidace Lake

By: Henry Lazenby     24th June 2016 Montreal-based TomaGold has bought a 39.5% interest in the Sidace Lake project from junior Planet Exploration, the company said on Thursday. In doing so, the company partnered with Goldcorp, which held the remaining 60.5% of the project, located 25 km north-east of Balmertown, in the renowned Red... 

Randgold demonstrates community commitment in DRC

By: David Oliveira     17th June 2016 The successful development of gold producer Randgold Resources’ Kibali gold mine in the north-eastern Orientale province of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has demonstrated the capacity of mining to boost the economies of African countries and improve the lives of their people, company CEO... 

Openpit contractor’s mandate extended

23rd October 2015 Aveng Mining subsidiary and mining contractor Aveng Moolmans has been awarded a five-year extension of its contract with the Tshipi Borwa openpit manganese mine, in the Northern Cape. The mine is owned by empowerment company Tshipi e Ntle Manganese Mining, and the contract extension was put into... 

Successful Southgold business rescue precedent-setting – lawyer 

By: Natalie Greve     3rd July 2014 The successfully concluded business rescue of Southgold Exploration this week has set a precedent in the South African debt restructuring landscape, demonstrating that ailing businesses had a vehicle through which they could potentially avoid liquidation. “This is probably the biggest and most... 

LionGold raises funds to pursue gold assets

By: Esmarie Swanepoel     15th August 2013 Singapore-listed LionGold would look to raise up to S$202-million through a share placement and warrant issue to fund its acquisition drive. “The S$200-millio we have proposed raising will provide LIonGold with a war chest to take advantage of the immediate, extraordinary opportunities we have... 

Shandong Qixing raises $300m for Stonewall Mining acquisition

By: Esmarie Swanepoel     18th June 2013 China’s Shandong Qixing Iron Tower has raised some $300-million as part of efforts to conclude the acquisition of ASX-listed Stonewall Resources. In May, the junior gold developer entered into a conditional agreement with Shandong regarding the possible sale of its subsidiary Stonewall Mining... 

Great Basin Gold to secure $35m DIP loan

By: Henry Lazenby     20th September 2012 Indebted miner Great Basin Gold on Thursday said it was to secure a $35-million loan by order of the British Columbia Supreme Court, following its Companies Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) filing made on Wednesday. The company said it had agreed to a “comprehensive” term sheet from its existing... 

Great Basin Gold subsidiary files for creditor protection

By: Henry Lazenby     19th September 2012 Toronto-listed Great Basin Gold’s embattled South African subsidiary Southgold Exploration on Tuesday filed for bankruptcy protection under the South African business rescue procedures. The announcement followed its parent last week suspending all mining operations at its Burnstone mine, in the... 

Company Announcement: Appointment of New Board Members

28th August 2012 Mutiny Gold Ltd is pleased to announce it has appointed two new Board Members. Mr Rowan Johnston and Mr Paul Wright will join the Board as Non-Executive Directors 


Latest News


Latest Videos



Mining Weekly is a product of Creamer Media.

Other Creamer Media Products include:
Engineering News
Research Channel Africa

Read more


We offer a variety of subscriptions to our Magazine, Website, PDF Reports and our photo library.

Subscriptions are available via the Creamer Media Store.

View store


Advertising on is an effective way to build and consolidate a company's profile among clients and prospective clients. Email

View options
Free daily email newsletter Register Now