With more than four decades of experience in the Southern African construction and mining industry, infrastructure development and materials handling specialist Raubex Group is a leading player on the subcontinent.
Listed on the JSE since 2007, Bloemfontein-headquartered Raubex specialises in various aspects of infrastructure development, from road construction and rehabilitation to bulk earthworks, services, concrete structures and asphalt surfacing. The construction of bridges and concrete pavements is also an important aspect of the group’s contribution to building and maintaining vital transport infrastructure.
Other key services to the sector are the construction of airport runways and associated infrastructure, as well as water reservoirs and water treatment works. Its capabilities also extend to electrical services and alternative energy (such as solar and wind), rail, telecommunications and pipelines – as well as building and housing infrastructure development.
Raubex’s materials division specialises in the supply of aggregates from commercial quarries; it is a leading supplier of materials handling and screening services to the mining sector, and provides mobile crushing solutions for remote project sites. The design, engineering and construction of crushing plants and asphalt plants also forms part of the division’s capabilities.
With a significant footprint in the Southern African Development Community region since the 1990s, the company generates a substantial portion of its revenue from contracts in Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, Malawi and Zambia. In the process, it has also developed extensive experience in doing business in a range of national environments, delivering high-quality services and high-value outcomes for a range of customers.
The project management expertise imbedded in Raubex Group is well recognised and well resourced; the calibre of its engineers, technologists, artisans and safety officers gives Raubex a prized reputation for delivering fit-for-purpose solutions to suit local conditions.
It has developed considerable capacity over the last 40 years and today boasts one of Africa’s largest fleets of earthmoving and specialised equipment. It has also built a strong network of suppliers and service providers across borders, which helps to underpin the company’s delivery promises on the basis of long-standing working relationships.
Raubex Group Company Stable
• B&E International focuses on bulk mining services, processing and the beneficiation of minerals, design and construction of purpose-built plants, and the maintenance and operation of plants (such as dense-medium separation plants) for mine owners. Mining services extend from drilling, blasting and crushing to wet and dry screening. The company is also active in mobile crushing for the construction industry and in static crushing plants for large infrastructure projects.
• Providing comprehensive plant solutions to mining, construction and civil engineering customers throughout sub-Saharan Africa is Burma Plant Hire, which supplies plant of the highest standard from leading manufacturers. Headquartered in Cape Town, Burma’s commitment to service excellence saw it becoming part of Raubex Group in 2011.
• Bloemfontein-based Raubex Infra offers multidisciplinary solutions for infrastructure in a range of segments: rail; civil work on mines; fibre and global system for mobile communications telecommunications; and electricity and alternative energy. Its core focus is on niche, turnkey projects with demanding time constraints, difficult terrain and complex technical requirements – which it manages through strong relationships with strategic partners. Raubex Infra combines its civil, structural and electrical expertise in high-performance teams that ensure successful completion of greenfield or maintenance projects.
• Bulk services is the speciality of L&R Civil, which serves mainly parastatal organisations and municipalities with bulk water and sewer pipelines (steel, glass-fibre reinforced plastic, high-density polyethylene and concrete), stormwater and sewer reticulation, and mechanical installations. With all projects managed by the directors, clients are ensured of high-quality service and on-time delivery, as well as highly experienced and trained staff, supported by a large and well-maintained plant fleet.
• Raubex Housing offers turnkey, competitive housing solutions for projects ranging from large housing initiatives for mining companies to low-cost housing and private residential developments – be it on an open tender or negotiated price basis. The executive team shares a wealth of experience and expertise, taking pride in its high standards of workmanship and competitiveness.
• Focused on comprehensive surface mining and materials handling solutions for mining projects, SPH Kundalila is a Raubex subsidiary with capabilities ranging from ore loading and hauling to crushing, screening and rehabilitation.